Hi,
The Tour ends today in Paris. I have three takeaways to share with you, because here's what most people miss about this race. The Tour is arguably the hardest endurance event in the world, a proving ground for human potential. But what these super elite athletes figured out over 21 stages will help us regular folks even more than it helps the pros.
First, the housekeeping: I've brought back EVERY Tour deal from all 21 stages, live today only. This is the last big store-wide savings until Black Friday. More on that at the bottom.
Takeaway #1: Fuel on a timer.
This is the simplest thing any of us can do. The riders fuel like a metronome. When a reporter asked Tadej if he was hungry after a stage, he shot back: "I'm not hungry, I had a gel every 30 minutes."
That's the whole protocol. Don't make it more complicated. Here's how to copy it:
- 10 minutes before your workout: take a gel
- 30 minutes in: another gel or chews
- 60 minutes: one more
- Keep going, every 30 minutes
Watch the clock, that's all you have to do. Don't skip a reminder because you're feeling good, feeling good is the fueling working.
Two brands dominated this year's Tour.
Enervit, with the Mango Sodium Gel that Tadej personally formulated. I've been using it in every workout and I don't think there is a better combo than the Mango with the extra sodium.
And Amacx from the Netherlands, fueling EF and Visma. The way Carapaz conquered the final week (two stage wins, including yesterday on Alpe d'Huez, and the polka dot jersey) tells you their fueling works.
Takeaway #2: The best performance combo at the Tour.
The top performance hack at the Tour is easy for you to do at home. I've personally been doing it for the last 6 weeks and swear by it.
You're pushing up a climb (running or riding) and you get that feeling you can just keep going. Your legs keep firing, and the only thing holding you back is your breathing. That's the feeling I get when I drink Nomio 3 hours before a workout. I'm not alone. Mads Pedersen was an early adopter, and it worked for him. I'm sure he felt it in the sprints, but I'm convinced he really felt it on all those climbs where he was the only sprinter who could get over them. That's exactly where I feel it too.
Without getting too deep in the science: each bottle packs the equivalent of 6 lbs of broccoli sprouts, and it triggers a reaction in your body, almost a shock to the system, that reduces how much lactic acid you produce. Less lactic acid, less burning in your legs, and you can hold a harder pace longer.
Now flip it. If your limiter is your breathing (getting oxygen to your working muscles) the simplest thing you can do is take two SwissRX Nitric Oxide capsules each morning. You can take them independently of Nomio, but together they compound each other. Personally, I feel like superman on this combination. Every training ride feels better. My fitness has improved much faster. Even my recovery is better.
Takeaway #3: The pros are still drinking Cherry Juice.
At the finish of every stage, riders were downing tart cherry, a trend that's only grown over the past 3 years. We carry both: the ready-to-drink from Amacx and the powder you mix from Enervit. Both are great. And Amacx just launched something new mid-Tour: they've turned their drink into a post-workout Cherry Gummy. It's delicious, with the same anthocyanins - the anti-inflammatory compounds that give cherries their color.
One last thing.
We made a special edition bottle set for this year's Tour. The Animal Bottles are still available if you haven't grabbed yours. But the one I'd get is the Alpe d'Huez collector pair. Two bottles, to celebrate this year's rare double finish on the famous climb.
It sold out once already. The team worked around the clock this week to make 5,000 more, and it's free with any order of $75+.
With every deal from all 21 stages back for one day, hitting $75 will be the easy part.
Shop all the Tour Deals before they end. Vive Le Tour.
⚡ Gels - Save 20%
💧 Hydration - Save 20%
🍬 Chews - Save 20%
🧇 Waffles & Bars - Save 20%
🚴 Tour de Feed Pack - Save 53%
🧪 SiS - Save up to 40%
🍓 Skratch - Save 20%
🌀 Tailwind - Save 20%
🏆 Enervit - Save 20%
🇳🇱 Amacx - Save 25%
🇨🇭 SwissRX - Save 33%
🇸🇪 Maurten Tour Pack - Save 38%
🥭 Mortal - Save up to 33%
🦘 Pillar - Save 20%
☁️ Dream Shot Save 25% / 🍒 Tart Cherry Save up to 25%
🥦 Nomio - Save 10%
💥 First Endurance - Save up to 20%
😌 KA-EX - Save 20%
🍋 Fixx Nutrition - Save 20%
🎒 USWE - Save up to 58%
🧴 Pelotan - Save up to 30%
⌚ Garmin Bounce - Save 20%
💙 Feed Gear - Save up to 50%
⛰️ 2x Alpe d'Huez Bottles - Free with $75+
🧊 The Feed Ice Bandana - Save 50%
🧦 The Feed Socks - Free with $100+
- Matt
Founder The Feed
|
Ni komentarjev:
Objavite komentar